[buddypress-dev] testdrivewpmu.com now running latest

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Wed Sep 10 03:18:10 GMT 2008

On 9-Sep-08, at 7:50 PM, Jed Barish wrote:

> I am going to use BUDDYPRESS as my community platform for sure! I
> prefer that everyone register with a blog and username same time
> without giving them an option. Thats the way I wanted to offer using
> BUDDYPRESS platform.

The problem with that approach is it means existing blog networks
would have a really difficult time using the BuddyPress plugins. It
would force restrictions that previously did not exist. By handling it
this way it allows both new networks and existing networks to use
BuddyPress. Creating a blog and account all under one sub domain puts
a lot of restrictions on the underlying WordPress software - and why
restrict something so great?? :)

I agree it adds a step, which is not ideal, but in the long run it
will allow many more people to make use of BuddyPress.

Honoring the "gimme a blog/just a username" option should be possible,
I'm going to look into how much work that will be. I think that should
take out a lot of the confusion.

Andy