[buddypress-dev] Updates

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Tue Sep 9 20:10:00 GMT 2008

On 9-Sep-08, at 12:54 PM, Jake Spurlock wrote:

> How do you see doing updates then? What kind of stability do you see
> in moving up versions? I have a working version now, can I run the
> updates, or I am in danger of losing information?

You won't lose any information, the only issue is around assigning a
user's blog as their home base.

Previously, a user's "home" would be their primary blog, but this
doesn't work as it isn't a one to one relationship.

If you upgraded your install right now, existing BuddyPress blogs will
return to normal WordPress blogs. Each user will then be asked to sign
up for a home base to continue using the BuddyPress features.

Their information shouldn't be lost, as they still have the same user
id. Your profile fields and settings definitely will not be lost.

This is a recommended upgrade, as it includes a large amount of
structural updates and bug fixes. All features moving forward will
rely on the structural changes made.

Andy

---------
Andy Peatling | Social Engineer | Automattic
http://apeatling.wordpress.com