[buddypress-dev] Updates

phlux0r phlux0r at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 03:27:11 GMT 2008

Hi Andy,

all this sounds great, just what I was looking for in the start. Now,
will it be straightforward to update an existing BP install with the new
stuff or is it likely to cause problems?

Also, I've been delving deeper into my current project and one of my
client's requests was to have a Members listing page where the display
would include: Avatar, Name, City, Country, an excerpt from and "About
Me" field and the person's blogs. Also, the list needs to be sortable by
name, city, country and searchable by name. This was a bit of a
challenge to implement as the profile fields are set up the way they are
in the bp_xprofile_* tables. I ended up loading the data into an array
and performing the sorting etc in php which isn't so optimal. I'm
concerned that there could be performance issues in a production
environment with this solution.

This brings me to the question whether the BP team has been considering
issues such as this? Is there any way to make it easy to handle lists of
members (and blogs) with the extra profile info?

Regards,
Robert