[buddypress-dev] moving an existing WP blog onto a BP install

Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk chris at stillbreathing.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 17:17:28 GMT 2008

Hi Brad,

Yes, if you're installing Wordpress MU and BuddyPress from scratch
(which I think is the best way to do it) then using the export/import
route to move blogs over would be best. Wordpress has a special export
facility that brings over comments as well, called WXR (Wordpress
eXtended RSS).

I've just used this method to move about 100 blogs to
http://wibsite.com with few problems.

Chris