[buddypress-dev] moving an existing WP blog onto a BP install

Brad Flora bradflora at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 08:26:07 GMT 2008

Hi guys,

I'm incredibly excited to see Buddypress getting so near to completion.

I have a question: I'm looking to launch an install in a space where there
are already people out there blogging on the topic.  If those people wanted
to bring their existing blogs onto the buddypress install, how would they do
that?

>From my days playing with Wordpress a few years back, I recall a way to
export a blog as XML that could then be imported into a new location.  Would
that be the only way to go? I guess I could offer to help people with that
as a service to encourage those interested in porting their blogs over.

Thanks for any advice.

-Brad Flora