[buddypress-dev] What is the bp-core-catchuri logic?

Glenn Ansley glenn at glennansley.com
Sat Jul 19 02:59:19 GMT 2008

Thank you guys so much for your help (A couple of you have emailed me
individually). Here's some further findings I thought I would throw back to
the community. Note: this is just a dev domain name and probably won't even
be used with buddypress... it was what I had free right now for testing
though.

I think I'm missing something somewhere else. Compare these results
I have placed a die($current_action) in bp-core-catchuri.php directly under
line 28 where $current action is defined.

*index pages*
http://saidatsebts.com/setup/profile creates the *expected* result:
/setup/profile
http://saidatsebts.com/setup/groups creates the *expected* result:
/setup/groups
*
subpages that exist*
http://saidatsebts.com/setup/profile/edit creates the *expected* result:
/setup/profile/edit
http://saidatsebts.com/setup/groups creates an *unexpected* result:
/wp-signup.php?new=group-invites

*fake subpages not setup in nav or existing in file structure*
http://saidatsebts.com/setup/profile/bottabingbottaboom creates an
interesting result (doubling the action):
/setup/profile/bottabingbottaboombottabingbottaboom
http://saidatsebts.com/setup/groups/bottabingbottaboom still creates that
weird unexpected registration uri: /wp-signup.php?new=bottabingbottaboom

It seems that my url is getting "hijacked before the bp-core-catchuri.php
file is even invoked (which is almost immediately)
Also, why is die($current_action) printing the entire uri?

Still searching...
Glenn