[buddypress-dev] Exchanging information about Buddypress.

Martin martin at thrive-magazine.com
Tue Jul 15 13:30:41 GMT 2008

Andy,

Cool, I went ahead and registered there.

For me the most useful thing would be a Buddypress Function Reference, a
first pass could have an index page similar to
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference, and initially the pages for
each function could have a description, usage and parameters section, later
on (as time permits) examples could be added.

I also think creating an FAQ somewhere (on the codex?) based on questions
that are asked on the mailing list would be a way of pointing people who are
just discovering Buddypress in the right direction.

As a separate, but related question is Buddypress going to have its own
Extend section for plug-ins and possibly themes that require Buddypress to
function, or should we just be adding things to the Wordpress Plug-ins
Directory and indicate in the readme what functionality won't work if
Buddypress isn't installed?

Does this sound like a good start to you?

Martin