[buddypress-dev] Portable friends

Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk chris at stillbreathing.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 19:02:41 GMT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Andrea wrote:
> This does sound way better than checking to see if there's been an update
> first. From a user perspective, I love the lj-like friends feature. Users
> also want control and a sense of privacy. From an MU admin perspective, I'd
> like to see the focus on network-wide first and then maybe add from outside
> systems later.

I've never used LJ - what friends features does it have?

I think we're definitely going to look at local friends first, but it
may be possible to do it in such a way that makes global friend
networks easier to do. Privacy options will also be baked in as early
as possible, as it's an important area.

Chris