[buddypress-dev] Data Portability and Microformats & activity feed

Wessel van Rensburg wildebees at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:45:00 GMT 2008

 Hi, It's Wessel in Canada and here is the two cents of a lurker.

> When I first started developing BuddyPress I approached it like a
> Facebook-style mentality. All users would have the same theme and wouldn't
> be able to change this. My thoughts and opinions on this are changing now,
> having talked more to the community, and seen the potential to make
> something different from the norm.

Users being able to tweak their BuddyPress theme(s) is fantastic, as is
users having their own themes on an installation, but I would also like to
echo the thoughts of others earlier that I hope that BuddyPress allows as an
option for a uniform look and cohesion, which users them can change if they
wish and if the admin will allow them.

All the projects I would like to attempt with it would require that.

**Personalized activity feed**

Secondly, the core features that BuddyPress have now does not seem to
include an activity feed. It is the simple but brilliant idea of an
personalized activity feed that set Facebook apart form other social
networks IMHO. Any plans for one?

Thanks for an amazing project.

--
*