[buddypress-dev] Persisting Picture Profile Problems

David J. Bisset dbisset at dimensionmedia.com
Sun Apr 6 03:05:53 GMT 2008

Team,

I still seem to be getting the following error when attempting to
upload a profile picture:

"Unable to create directory
/var/www/vhosts/dimensionsites.com/httpdocs/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/. Is
its parent directory writable by the server?"

The blogs.dir directory is writable (777) from what I can see from the
server (as is wp-content), so i'm not sure exactly what the problem
is. I just downloaded the latest version of the files from trac
eariler today.

I can create the folders myself via FTP. When I do this the image says
"successful upload" but doesn't appear in the backend at all.

Some assistance would be appreciated, since it seems this works for others.

Thanks.

David Bisset