[buddypress-dev] Data Portability and Microformats

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Sat Apr 5 17:38:43 GMT 2008

On 5-Apr-08, at 3:40 AM, Jed Barish wrote:
> Great! Did anyone notice that when u install trunk9 files then it
> disabled Presentation option under admin or user?
>
> Jed

When I first started developing BuddyPress I approached it like a
Facebook-style mentality. All users would have the same theme and
wouldn't be able to change this. My thoughts and opinions on this are
changing now, having talked more to the community, and seen the
potential to make something different from the norm.

The presentation tab will return, but we need to have more than one
possible theme before this can happen. If a user switches to a theme
that is not set up for BuddyPress then things are going to break.

Site wide administrators should still see the presentation tab.

Andy