[buddypress-dev] Hi from the West Island

Cass Edwards cass at wildilocks.com
Fri Apr 4 00:28:34 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a long time SN portability
advocate from Australia. I am hugely excited to read that one of the core
intentions is for different installations of MU to share data - this is the
one critical function that has been missing from all SNs that I know of to
date.

I have had several WP blogs for the last couple of years for professional &
hobby purposes but not social, as nothing in WP seemed particularly
SN-oriented. I am overwhelmingly excited to see that is on the cusp of
changing.

I have just started playing with WPMU, and have an installation up on a site
I've only barely begun developing, http://canhasjournal.com which I will be
testing BuddyPress on. While I am not [really] a coder, my partner is, and
he has worked with WPMU in the past and is about to do a fresh install for a
professional site he is a developer for, and between us I'm sure we'll be
able to contribute usefully to the project.

Cheers!

Cass Edwards