[buddypress-dev] Hi everyone!

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Tue Apr 1 19:15:56 GMT 2008

On 1-Apr-08, at 11:57 AM, Armand Morin wrote:

> I have a question about the database structure. Will BuddyPress
> address
> the issue which WordpressMU has of duplicating the whole database
> table each time a new user signs up?
>
> Or do you think this is even an issue?

BuddyPress is set of MU plugins, it doesn't change core MU
functionality - which includes the DB schema.

Wordpress.com runs on MU and has proven that the system is both
reliable and scalable. I don't think there is anything to worry about
in that regard.

Most of the BuddyPress components utilize a single table, or a
collection of tables.

Andy