[buddypress-dev] Hi everyone!

Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk chris at stillbreathing.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 19:01:38 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm here because Andy said I get a beer for every line of code. That's
true, isn't it?

On 1-Apr-08, at 1:55 AM, Sam Bauers wrote:
> I'm particularly interested in the idea of giving ad-hoc groups formed
> through BuddyPress the ability to create private forums.

As Andy said I've got the beginnings of this for a site I'm working
on: http://myjournal.com. You may be pleased to know that rather than
build my own forum from scratch I've used the bbPress database schema
and a few functions from the bbPress code. Basically I've set the
"Forum ID" field to be equal to the "Group ID" in my groups table, so
integrating this codebase through BuddyPress into bbPress shouldn't be
hard.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Andy Peatling wrote:
>  I hope you enjoyed reading up on
>  BuddyPress now that the site is live. I'll be adding to and refining
>  the information on the site as the project progresses.

The site looks good Andy, well done.

Chris