[buddypress-dev] Hi everyone!

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Tue Apr 1 16:52:15 GMT 2008

On 1-Apr-08, at 1:55 AM, Sam Bauers wrote:

> On 01/04/2008, at 7:08 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>> Tony Scott wrote:
>>> Notice there's nothing in the list archive yet - therefore to get
>>> things going I'm sending this message!
>>
>> I'm here because I think blogs are already the ultimate profile,
>> and I'm curious about how we can use open source, open standards,
>> and a bitf WP fairy dust to spice things up a bit.
>
> Well I'm here to keep tuned into BuddyPress and to see where and how
> it might benefit from bbPress and vice-versa.

Hi Guys!

Thanks for getting things started. I hope you enjoyed reading up on
BuddyPress now that the site is live. I'll be adding to and refining
the information on the site as the project progresses.

I'd still like to add more information on areas such as privacy and
how we can use open standards to implement sharing of data.

> I'm particularly interested in the idea of giving ad-hoc groups
> formed through BuddyPress the ability to create private forums.

Sam - some work has already started on how we can provide a BBPress
forum to each group created within a BuddyPress installation. Chris
Taylor who is helping me out with certain components of BuddyPress has
already got a proof of concept going. I'll keep you up to date with
that.

Andy

---------
Andy Peatling | Social Engineer | Automattic
http://andyinlife.com